Friday, August 19, 2016

Putting the sweat in sweater

 

I am beside myself with wanting to show you this thing in action, but friends, it is so hot here, and I just can't right now. I will, and soon, because dang, it turned out really well--look at those luscious cables! And that collar! It stands up against the back of my neck and snuggles there like a sweaty hug. Hoo! In a few months, I'll love that. When the weather shuts up, I'll put on the flannel plaid button shirt and skinny jeans and boots that this pullover [Hitch, by Vanessa Ewing] is begging for, and you'll be able to see the whole thing, but today the white hot sun is blaring down at me like the gigantic nuclear furnace it really is, and I don't want to put on this gorgeously thick, fluffy, wooly, cozy, cuddly, smooshy sweater, not even for the two minutes it would take to snap a photo.

I had to block it three times--the third time was my own fault--and I might still cut away the clumsy cuffs and redo them, and I'm not really 100% committed to the buttons, but my love for this finished garment is pretty huge. I've got the cable fever, got it bad. I want to make this now. I am dreaming of fall, and kind of hoping for a sidewalk full of leaves to shoosh through. Wishing for cooler weather! What? I hardly recognize myself. A sweater like this will do that to a person.

 

15 comments:

  1. It is so pretty! The cables down the sleeves make me drool, just not on your sweater! Can't wait for the weather to cool down so you can model it :) Have a lovely weekend.
    P.S. I think I will go back to calling these jumpers. The whole 'sweat' thing makes them sound icky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, bleah. "Jumpers" is so much better. Xoxo

      Delete
  2. Awesome sweater! This is next in my cable queue..... what do you think? http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/citadel-5

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's a goooooood one! Queuing that one myself. :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful, the perfect cold weather jumper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cabled sleeves are amazing, and I love the collar. Great pattern and I like the other one you have picked out as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Aren't cables fun...there are so many possibilities in their crossover pathways. Seeing the promised photograph of you in that outfit will truly signal autumnal arrival. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you please send it over here? We've been plunged straight back into Winter after a few sunny days of Spring promise. I promise not to stretch it and will send it back when your snow starts! Seriously though, it's gorgeous and thanks for the links, I now have it and your next pattern in my favourites........need to finish Mum's jumper first.......maybe.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to send a little of this your way. Here's hoping Spring comes soon! :)

      Delete
  7. Beautiful! I can't wait for the summer heat to move on now so that fall can make its show.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is in my queue. I may have to move it up.

    You know you sometimes see a pattern and immediately fall in love? And then you buy it or mark it for future purchase, and it immediately slips frommind. And weeks or months later, you see another and immediately fall in love ... and realize you already have this. I think that's the Knitting Goddess nudging yhou toward making it awreddy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful sweater! And....did you just quote They Might Be Giants? My son and I love Here Comes Science!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "The sun is HOT, the sun is NOT, a place where we can live..." :D

      Delete