Saturday, October 22, 2016

Lisbon Pullover

I know it seems like all I'm doing is knitting sweaters.  Actually that is rather what I'm doing.  The weather here (and probably everywhere) has taken a lovely, windy turn toward fall, and now that's happened, all I want to do is bundle up.  Also, everyone on the internet is designing and publishing beautiful new patterns, and it makes me want to knit all the things.  
This is Lisbon by Misa Erder, and I knit it using the stash--the heathery brown main color is Fishermans' Wool in, um, Brown Heather, leftover from, among other things, Doc's Brownstone, and the shelly pink contrast color at the yoke is Berroco Vintage DK, leftover from my recently completed DIY crew neck pullover--a brilliant move, because the Fishermans' Wool is a little big rough, and it's so much nicer to have a soft yarn at the neckline.  I really love the way this fits, and the way it felt to be wearing it today, up at the lake, as the wind tore at me and lashed the water into loud, frothy waves.  The water was just roaring.  It felt like a wild place, on a rocky precipice at the edge of the world.  
 It is not summer anymore.  It is time for wool.  

25 comments:

  1. Your Lisbon turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful sweater and you look like you're posing for a magazine. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful sweater. The fit is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful knit, here in New Zealand it has been warm enough for me to finally wear shorts. Looking forward to summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh likey, likey. I like the pattern on the neckline and the fit of the sweater. I guess when you knit as many as you do you can work out sizes correctly, My sizing is always a bit hit and miss. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunning creation, great wool combined with a beautiful pattern. Add some stunning scenery and you have the perfect post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I love the sweater, so delicate and the jacquard on the neckline is lovely! And yes, it's time to use our wools, here in Portugal we already said bye bye to the summer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful sweater love the colours and the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that is a gorgeous sweater! I may have to try that pattern. Your photos are great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keep knitting those beautiful sweaters! And you're right about all the lovely patterns out there now. It's all so inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely sweater! Love the colour on you and well, just love the colour and the pattern around the neck. Really a great job and keep knitting them you can never have too much warmth in the winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh beautiful sweater! Nice pattern and choice of wool.
    Groetjes
    Annemieke

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh beautiful sweater! Nice pattern and choice of wool.
    Groetjes
    Annemieke

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kristen, what beautifully cosy things you've been knitting. Perfect for this suddenly chilly season. The colors and textures of the "found" yarns you've used for this stylish pullover complement each other so well!
    I was knitting some items even during the warm, warmer, even hot weeks and months, but right now isn't it a joy to cast on yet another project!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love, love your Lisbon sweater. Great colour choices.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! I haven't knitted in years, wasn't really good at it anyway, but seeing this makes me want to start again.
    Petra

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful... I have just found you on blogland and will be following😀 gorgeous pattern, such a perfect fit. X

    ReplyDelete
  18. You nailed it! Your sweater looks better than the pattern photos! Well done! Enjoy wearing it...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi There, that looks so cosy. Have you knitted it Circular, The yoke is perfect. In the past I made similar sweaters for the family in Icelandic yarn, warm and water-resistence against the rain. all knitted circular,on double ended (circular) needles. Thank you for Sharing. It is beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooh I love the pink around the neck! Very nice. You are so productive!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It looks beautiful and suits you so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my goondess, that jumper is just beautiful! I simply love it.

    xx

    ReplyDelete