Thursday, November 17, 2016

Quiet Season

  My neighbor the farmer is turning his field today.  He drives his tractor across the turf, back and forth, in both directions and then diagonally.  He will harrow it too, leaving the field clean and orderly, and ready.  Apart from that, the rumble of the tractor, the neighborhood is quiet these days. 
Catdog sprawls in front of the fire, grumbling little moans of contentment every now and then, and sighing in her sleep.  Sometimes I lie down there with her, because she's got the right idea; it's so warm there, so cozy.  She sniffles her way into my hair, licks my ear.  If she sees the camera, she gives it the side-eye--she's a little bit wary of being photographed.  What a perfect celebrity.    
There are so many projects right now.  Four sweaters, a hat, Alicia's beautiful new winter sampler (would you believe I already had everything for that project in my stash?  Oh my goodness, I have a LOT of stitching supplies, yes indeedy.)  
 
I spent a couple minutes making this, too, the other day.  It's about 1" x 1", two little pieces of felt cut out and whipstiched together, with a shredded up cotton ball stuffed inside.  I sewed a pin back to it and put it on, and I hope it shows how I feel.  I love you.  
Yes, you.  

18 comments:

  1. I love the little heart pin. Sweetness!
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it good to enjoy some quiet time...particularly if one has an abundance of stitching projects within reach. And a charmer like Go Go by the hearth. Here's looking at you, Kid. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in bed with a icky cold...reading your post today is great medicine. It is the quiet season in my countryside in Southwest Washington State too. Until I read your post I had forgotten how restorative this quiet time is. Thank-you for the reminder. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uplifting post that made me smile. Beautiful pin and yes I love you too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute.heart,beautiful,congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't seem to settle down and make a thing. Maybe I need to make a heart pin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wear your heart with pride Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your bunch of projects! I have three pairs of socks and a cowl on the go! Trying to get them all done for Christmas, we shall see. I do enjoy knitting when it's chilly or raining outside and soon it will be time to light the fire!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love to you also! I have a scarf on the needles and I just started a poncho of my own design (after reading countless other patterns) and have already frogged it once so, we shall see how IT goes now. Enjoy the quiet time - the loud snowflakes will be here soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks wonderful! Can you please tell me - what is the silvery grey yarn just below the photo of your dog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That bit of beauty is Malabrigo Rios in the color "Plomo." :)

      Delete
  12. The idea of the farmer and his orderly furrows is reassuring. Great vintage fabric - makes me want to go thrifting. Love the heart brooch. Love to Catdog. Love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful post!
    Glad to read you are finding some comfort in the coziness of your home and beautiful projects.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the heart - they are so fun to make! Quick satisfaction, 'specially nowadays. You can also sew one on each end of a piece of floss and make a book mark or hang it over a door knob. I might just put my safety pin I'm wearing every day onto a heart. Love the paper bead necklace too. And CatDog was certainly "ready for her close-up". What a face. Love you and so glad you've got your groove back dearie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. In love with your little heart pin! Maybe this will be a fun little craft to do for small gifts this year. :) Thanks for the idea! And thanks for the picture of Catdog, such a happy little thing!

    ReplyDelete