Friday, October 13, 2017

Beauty

This project is miles and miles of plain stockinette stitch, round and round forever, and I keep working on it in the dark, or while reading or while watching a four-hour documentary about George Harrison on Netflix, and forgetting to look down at it, which is a complete shame, because this yarn (Primrose, Adelaide) is really awfully amazingly beautiful.  I can't imagine what it will be like when it's finished, and I do hope it will be something I can wear (am encouraged by the surprise success of this) but I am kind of obsessed and compelled by this gorgeous yarn.  Every stitch is a new color.  Love.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the Netflix link. George Harrison was my favourite Beatle. I was terribly upset for him when Eric Clapton stole Patti Boyd (weren't they all so beautiful, the women then?) from him. 'All Things Must Pass' rates very highly in my CD collection. I love your obsessively gorgeous yarn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, how would anyone prefer Clapton!!! I don't know if it was because of that but read an autobiography of Patti Boyd and didn't like her a bit, ha ha.

      Delete
  2. I like the colours in it but personally I can`t stand variegated yarn,to my brain it`s a jumbled mess I can only use solid colours it looks nice and soft though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely yarn!! I am very fond of those colours. Can't wait to see it on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lovely cable cardigan reminds me very much of the one Kate Davies (of the amazing Kate Davies Designs) made for her own wedding. If you haven't come across her, do have a look; an amazing lady with the most beautiful designs and wonderful photographs of Scotland by her husband.

    ReplyDelete